2012 OHA Salary Commission Seeks Public Comments
HONOLULU (Feb. 10, 2012) – The 2012 Office of Hawaiian Affairs (OHA) Salary Commission met today to make its recommendations on the appropriate salaries for the OHA Board of Trustees over the next four years. A draft copy of the commission’s recommendations is available for public comment. Click on the link below to view.
The public is invited to submit comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the commission’s meeting on February 15, 2012, at noon at ALU LIKE INC, Aloha/Mālama Conference Room, 458 Keawe Street, Honolulu, HI.
Hawai‘i law,HRS 10-9.5,requires the Governor to appoint an independent OHA Salary Commission every four years that is tasked with recommending appropriate compensation for the OHA Board of Trustees. Governor Abercrombie appointed the following individuals to the commission:
1. Ray-nelle Cobb, Queen Lili‘uokalani Children’s Center
2. Dennis Fern, Board of Directors, ALU LIKE INC.
3. Laurelle Lee, Papa Ola Lōkahi
4. Katrina Kapā Oliveira, Hawaiian Language Department, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
5. Diane Paloma, Native Hawaiian Health Program, The Queen’s Health Systems
6. Mele Spencer, Keaukaha-Pana‘ewa Farmers Association
7. Edward Wendt, Maui Taro Farmer
After reviewing public comments the 2012 OHA Salary Commission will finalize and submit their recommendations to the legislature on February 16, 2012.